ST. JAMES—Nine regional businesses are sponsoring the prizes for the Ozark Rivers Solid Waste Management District’s (ORSWMD) 27th Annual Earth…
ST. JAMES—Ozark Rivers Solid Waste Management District is seeking area sponsors within their seven-county region for the 27th Annual Earth…
SALEM— Meramec Regional Planning Commission (MRPC), with funding from the Ozark Rivers Solid Waste Management District (ORSWMD), gathered 6.62 tons…
The Ozark Rivers Solid Waste Management District (ORSWMD) provides assistance to communities to achieve a waste reduction of 40%. This is accomplished through community grants, reuse and recycling programs and educational programs for district schools and media awareness. The district covers a seven-county region that includes Crawford, Dent, Gasconade, Maries, Phelps, Pulaski and Washington counties.
ORSWMD is governed by a full council and executive board made up of local elected officials and their appointees, and receives input from an advisory committee of local citizens and industry representatives.
Programs supported by the district’s community grant program include:
- Special collections for items like electronic waste, tires and appliances
- Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) collection centers for cleaning products, automotive fluids, etc.
- Educational opportunities for school-aged youth through school assemblies, Earth Day poster and trash art contests and solid waste facility tours
- Community Recycling Centers
- School based recycling programs
- School based food composting programs
- Illegal Dump Clean Up programs
We invite you to explore this website and learn how to reduce waste in your life and community.